Am I not cut out to work? Am I just dumb??I've been having a hard time with working lately and I do not know what my issue is. I thought it ?

was maybe the field that I was working in, but the results are all the same. I worked as a cashier for a couple years&quit before coming to college. That was the only job I didn't have much stress in since it was so repetitive and boring. Then worked at a newspaper company and it just seemed as though I would make little mistakes. I realized that wasn't it for me so I worked in a lab for a little bit. I enjoyed the work but I felt as though I came off as incompetent to my coworkers and bosses- I made dumb mistakes and couldn't remember procedures. I would constantly be asking for help and had a hard time getting things done on time. When an experiment was only supposed to take an hour, I would take 2+ hours to do it; even if I knew exactly what I was doing. Then, I moved to another town and work as a CNA. I enjoy the job but I am having the same issue again- I feel as though I am stupid and cannot handle anything. We have set schedules and assignments for each of us to do and even though I've worked there for a while now, I still take way longer than I am supposed on tasks. I honestly feel like im just dumb even though I know I am very intelligent and capable ofthe work. Maybe it's the time pressure thing I don'tknow. It doesnt make sense- everyone else is able to get it done, why can't I?Background info; during school, I have ALWAYS had issues with my time management and would take 2X/3X the amount of time to get my homework done. I just dont know what to do about this now. 

Favorite Answer

just find a job you enjoy (as much as you can enjoy a job look for one with good hours for you and good shifts and not too stressful on the body like standing all day unless you prefer that) and stay at the job and just try to get it down. it's understandable it can take a few weeks to really get everything down. bring a small notebook and a pen and write things down and go over them in the evening. You will get the job down and before you know it it will be mindless routine that you don't even think about. You will be zoned out thinking about last nights episode of The Simpsons before Eric from Sales comes up behind you asking you if you like Avenged Sevenfold from behind you out of nowhere snapping you back into reality. 

Dumb,immature, entitled.

• Scott

Maybe you are just stupid.