Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 1 month ago

I got some money from an auto accident but not sure from where?

After a settlement from an auto accident, I was told I also received several thousand from med pay or something? I have no idea what this is... any ideas?

Med pay is reimbursement for your medical bills. If your health insurance paid the bills you are responsible for repaying your health insurance.

The company on the check is usually the company that sent you the settlement.  Call them and ask.

• car253

Med Pay pays for your doctor and medical bills.   If you got your settlement you need to ask the insurance company and/or your attorney if the Med Pay was included in your settlement.     Med pay is to pay your medical bills, not for your pain and suffering.

My best guess... If you had a physical injury and were treated in a hospital and your private medical insurance paid the bill - Med Pay sounds like it might be reimbursing your medical carrier for an expense they paid but aren't responsible for.

• May

It came from the tooth fairy

Yes you did and no you don't.  Thank you for asking.

Wait a minute.  What you are "told" is going to be made clearer ONCE YOU ACTUALLY RECEIVE IT.  Right now, it is just HOT AIR.

If you have a check, someone had to sign it.  It has to be from a bank.  You have the account number.  Find out from the bank who wrote the check.