Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 3 months ago

I am having severe chest pain and it is getting worse. My husband won't take me to ER. What should I do?

I am in chronic pain and on strong pain killers. Two weeks ago I started experiencing more severe pain in my chest and back. In the past the EKG has been normal and I have had chest pain before but not this extreme. What do I do? My blood pressure usually is normal. It is 141 over 92.


I do not have panic attacks. It hurts extremely bad. 

2 Answers

  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Do you have panic attacks?   Anyway if you think it is a heart issue you should call 911 so they can have an ambulance come out. But it seems like a commonly occurring issue like a panic attack or stress.

    If you have any of these signs, call 9-1-1 and get to a hospital right away.    Uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain in the center of your chest. It lasts more than a few minutes, or goes away and comes back.

        Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.

        Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.

        Other signs such as breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.

        As with men, women’s most common heart attack symptom is chest pain or discomfort. But women are somewhat more likely than men to experience some of the other common symptoms, particularly shortness of breath, nausea/vomiting and back or jaw pain.

  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    call an ambulance...........

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.