Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

How does temporary housing work in IL for people with disabilities?

I need temporary housing for about less than a year. I will be in college and I have a documented learning disability and other cognitive problems. Would someone be able to find me housing and and assist with rent. What information would I need to provide them? 

The same as it works for anyone else.  You find yourself a place to live and you move in and pay the rent.  IF for college, on campus housing would likely be the cheapest bet.

Not likely.....................

never heard of any special program.  you will likely need to pay just like everyone else.

if for some reason you need to go away to this specific college in order to be able to get an education to be able to work, you can ask vocational rehab for help....i don't know if they pay housing, but you can try...

BUT, you would have to make the case that you have to live by the college in order to be able to get a job once you graduate....and there is no other way for you to become employable.

You have a learning disability.  I applaud you that you have been able to work with it and it isn't impeding your success.

YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITIES TO GET INTO COLLEGE.

If you have the capabilities to get into college, you must have the capabilities to pay your own rent.