Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Should I get a abortion ?

I’m 12 weeks pregnant the dad wants me to get a abortion but I don’t want to and told him to sign his rights over so it won’t come back down the line. I’m 29 this my first child, my parents first grandchild, I’m a nurse well established. He said if I keep it then he’s going to get joint custody as soon as the baby is born and all this other stuff. Would you get a abortion? Basically he’s saying he’s going to make my life hell if I keep it just don’t know what I should do and I don’t know why he sign his rights over for a baby he don’t want

I say seek wise counsel from your most trusted advisors. If you decide to keep your baby there are options like adoption. FYI - My wife was adopted, to this day she still doesn't know her birth mom, but we are grateful for her sacrifice to carry her to full term and birth her and put her up for adoption. We now have 7 beautiful babies of our own. 

only if you want to queen!

• God

He's just trying to bully you into getting an abortion. Threaten him with child support and support for you if he seeks joint custody. 

your body your choice

if you want a baby then its up to you but don't expect any help from him

If I were you, I would keep it. I regretted something in the past and now it seems like Karma slaps me in the face when I'm trying to get pregnant. I don't want it happens to someone else. Like others said, he's obviously trying to avoid the responsibility. If I were you, I would tell him that I would raise the baby myself and he can get involved as much as he wants to but if not, fine by me. But you should make sure that if you can raise the child yourself though. I know many single mothers and they are the happiest ladies and proud with their children. Best of luck!

If you want to give birth to your baby, by all means, do so. Forget his threats as he's most likely trying to avoid future child support payments. Best of luck to you.

I would not get an abortion.

I have seen enough men make threats like this to know that they don't follow through - you are right, he does not want joint custody of this child that he wants dead, he will want nothing to do with the child when he or she is born. He is making the threat now because he believes by doing that, he can pressure you into ending the child's life.

Don't fall for it.

He can't relinquish his paternal rights until after the baby is born and a DNA test is done.

Aren't you too far along for an abortion ?😉Are you really 29 and a nurse ?

• A

He is saying those things to try and force you into getting an abortion which is what HE wants.   If you want to keep this baby, then keep it.   It is likely he won't bother for joint custody.   If you have any texts or emails of him telling to you to get an abortion, keep them