Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Do women find men who can cook to be attractive?

I am also good at cleaning. I'm not OCD but I clean up periodically. I can cook, clean, do the laundry.

When I say 'can cook' I mean 'decent cook' without the ego

Favorite Answer

It bumps him up many points, not at the meeting people stage but at the "do I want to continue seeing this man?" stage. No exaggeration at all, but my eyes welled up with tears of happiness one day when I came home from work to see the bedding drying on the line AND fresh sheet on the made bed.  It was at that stage of a relationship where you're spending a lot of time at each other's houses but not sure if you want to live together full time.  I hadn't mentioned any chores needing doing at all and my partner, then boyfriend, had just noticed a chore that could be done and did it with no drama.  It's the "noticing" that's so valuable to women.  Nobody want to become a nag.  As far as I was concerned that sealed the deal and all these years later he's still noticing things that need to be done and does them and I have learned to relax and just let him get on with doing them his way.

My son is a chef.  I guess his wife finds him attractive enough - they've been together for fourteen years

let me give you a tip that saved my life. Women are completely useless and worthless creatures until they prove them selves to you. I value a drunk homeless man on the street over a perfect 10 women because at least the homeless man can be rational from time to time. Women are only out for one thing and its to find their perfect mate they will set fire to the universe and slaughter anyone in their way, all in search of their prince charming. Its not their fault, they are hard wired that way its how it will always be. You need to focus on improving yourself and your inner circle, in the mean time these females are nothing but a warm hole. Until they bend over backwards and prove themselves consistently over years they get 0 respect. It is vicious out here fellas either you are the lion or the gazelle there is no other option.

For many, this might be a desirable asset, but not a deal maker, nor would it be a deal breaker, if he didn't cook either. In my case, my husband is a terrible cook and he's asked to stay out of the kitchen ! But that doesn't mean we aren't attracted to one another.

Prepare rice with beans and stroganoff without waste.

It's a good quality. It wouldn't make me want to jump into bed with a guy though just because he can cook, but it's a positive.

Sure,.. being good in the kitchen is a definite plus. It shows independence and is a basic life skill which most guys lack. And it's a shared activity, one more thing that a woman can do WITH her man. Oh yeah, that definitely works in your favor.

There is a difference between "attractive" and "desirable".  

Attractive usually implies "good looks" or "hot" in some way.

Desirable can mean much more.  A desirable trait can be just about anything.  

I would consider it a "desirable" trait to have a man who does cooking and helps with the housework.  But - I already have one of those - so I'm fine.

• edward

i suppose that it could be seen as so hot.  kind of like a man who can do the laundry and dished without being asked.  even better if he can do them properly.  i know that my wife had shamefully low expectations from me.  i cooked dinner and she loses her mind, i cleaned my house the first time she came over and she talks about it for weeks.  i bring her flowers, do the dishes, laundry, make the bed, anything like that and she practically orgasms on the spot. she has been accepting too little from the other guys she has dated making it very easy to impress her.

• A

as long as they clean up the kitchen when they re done