Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If a city's police refuse to consider an alleged crime (say forgery, fraud, ID theft), do I take it straight to the mayor? This one is...?

...absolutely egregious and MUST be put before a judge.

3 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    Make your case to the DA's office.

  • 1 month ago

    You contact the prosecutor office

    You just can't approach a judge and hand him a case or complaint

  • Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    No.  Go to another law enforcement agency.  When a car dealer in upstate New York forged my signature on an extended warranty contract, the local police wouldn’t do anything but the DMV helped me deal with the matter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.