Obsessed co-worker?

I started a new job last September at a school. I work with one other woman who is 50, divorced and 2 kids. I am 35, married female with 1 kid. I am very antisocial and just want to go to work and go home. But this woman is obsessed with me and won't leave me alone. Once school closed I figured I would get a break from her. But she texts me all day everyday. Sometimes she will text me at 6am and wake me up! She has a very strong personality and would probably try to burn my house down if I rejected her. She is always asking to hang out and do annoying things and I'm running out of excuses. I know the upcoming school year is going to have a lot of challenges because of covid19 and I don't want tension with her. Any advice on what I can do to get her to leave me alone?

• Leto

The easiest way would be for someone else to be the bad guy.  Your husband, a parent, sibling, charity, hobby, school or other work.  Let your coworker know that you'd love to spend more time interacting but that one or more of those other people or activities is really demanding your time, attention and focus right now.

Give her a vague timeline on when things might improve.  Only answer her texts once per day or even less and then very briefly and at odd hours.  

Hopefully she will move on to someone else who's more receptive to her need for attention.  Good Luck!

• Demandelan con una caución de alejamiento