Why do I only ever like to imagine sex from the male POV, when I am a straight female? ?

A few times in my life I have experienced the most intense and all consuming crushes, usually on older men. Looking back on these times, I have realised that these men all remind me of myself in some way, only they are like really confident, successful and sexy versions of myself - if I were a man of course. 

I'm actually a female in my 20s. I've never really had any female role models, and this older guy I've currently had a crush on for the last 2yrs is exactly who I would aspire to be like if I was a man. He is so sexy & confident. But the strange thing is that when I fantasise about him, I need to imagine being him - like sex with me from his POV - and focus on how much he would enjoy it and how much he is into me, what he would do to me - but instead I *am* him in the fantasy. But even though I am him, it's not about me, I just enjoy focusing on how he would feel. I only get-off on imagining sex from the male perspective - I always have for as long as I can remember. It also makes it hard to enjoy regular sex as a straight female. I've just always felt it would be so much more fun as the guy. The  closest thing I have heard of is cross-dreaming, but I don't believe I'm trans. I don't actually want to be a guy, but sometimes I do just feel more like a guy. I'm not actually into women either - I'm actually very feminine and I've always been strongly attracted to men only, even from when I was very little. What's wrong with me?

• reme_1

Call the gay center and talk to the counselor. Interesting situation. 

You hate yourself and/or feel uncomfortable with your own body and sexuality. So you detach. There's nothing wrong with fantasies but don't mix them up with real life.

Because you're a dyke.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you at all and it sounds like you're quite empathic, but there are trans women who were unable to achieve orgasm with cis women without imagining that they were them, so that is in fact possible.