Turned down a guy, feel extremely guilty. HELP!?

I sometimes hang out with a guy, cut off from entire class, and with a -- well, he has a desperate side that keeps girls away and even I am reserved most times.

I have helped him out with his class assignments and attendance.

When I asked to watch a movie (before pandemic), he wanted it to be a date, and I politely turned him down on the spot.

I avoid him now, speak extremely reserved if he messages, yet I feel guilty as if I used him when I would ask him to hang out (before this incident).

Why am I feeling guilty when I am not interested in the guy and never gave an impression (he always knew I am attracted in women, I was open about it from start)

• Leto

You feel guilty because you feel bad for the guy.  He crossed a line that made you uncomfortable and now you are afraid you overreacted.  You're concerned that you didn't let him down easily and might have hurt his fragile feelings.  

If you want to stop feeling guilty then you are going to have to talk to him about how you reacted and why.  Apologize for perhaps hurting him or coming across as rude.  Let him know that you think of him as a friend and not as someone you'd like to date.   

Best of luck.  I hope it works out well.

• Mike

Only one person knows why you feel guilty: The therapist you have yet to hire.

He may be trying to turn you into a light elf.  It's best to remain a night elf, in the shaded path of Yari Yoga.  Remain true to your womanly needs (with other women),and keep men interested in watching.