Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Do you think social media is censoring people's offensive opinions?

There's a thing called shadow banning. Social media websites like Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc, let your comment to be posted but it doesn't get shown to the people. It secretly prevents your comment from being visible. And they won't even tell you about it. Isn't it unfair?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's downright unconstitutional because it interferes with freedom of speech.

• Mike
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

I don't use social media, however, you must realize that freedom of speech doesn't apply as they are businesses that can allow/censor whatever they feel like.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't use most of those sites (and thanks David, for helping make me realize my mistake). 

But there's definitely a right wing bias on fb, awhile back I had tried jokingly posting a picture

ridiculing the confederate flag & was suspended for a week. Meanwhile a neighbor of mine 

often poses for pictures with his guns and/or dead animals he's just murdered in cold blood, 

and facebook tells me 99% of the time "We looked at it but it doesn't violate our guidelines".

• David
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Your evidence?  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If they are, it's most likely due to a fear of truth being told. Only cowards use something called shadow ban. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.