I am not able to change the laptop screen to the "main display" on windows 10 after disconnecting from an external monitor.?

I had set my external monitor as the main display, disconnected since I am now working away from home it and now my laptop display setting doesn't allow me to change it. I am unable to see my desktop. the only thing I get on my laptop screen is the 2nd screen that I originally setup as . is there any way to change my screen back to the main display or at least add the desktop bar at the bottom? going to the display setting doesnt give me the option to change, and the add taskbar to all screen is greyed out as well

Pressing the start button brings up the app drawer list.

Your statement "my laptop display setting doesn't allow me to change it"  makes no sense.  Under any display settings is a box to check "Make this my main display".

Do you see that?  If not, you may not be allowed as the USER Account without privileges.  Are you the Administrator?  

Did you do a full "from cold off" restart or just do a "Sleep" since disconnecting that second screen?

Can you go to BIOS and set which video output is primary?

• martin

Microsoft today has started to monkey with the main display and is trying to force people into some new invention they have.