Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Is my friend a sociopath? Need advice ?

We been friends for a couple of years, she’s an on and off drug addict and has schizophrenia episodes which  stop when she’s off drugs 

but I don’t believe all her behaviour can be explained by drugs considering they happen whether on or off them. 

She’s very promiscuous but doesn’t feel love, all her relationships are violent. She lies all the time. She’s lost family and friends since I known her and she admits she doesn’t care. She admits she hates people she first meets, ie my gf or friends and she’s unnecessarily violent but knows her limits as she’s not tough. She’s killed babies and still drank/smoked with her surviving one who she gave away and doesn’t feel bad about it. She always breaks the law. She’s regarded me as her best friend for years and constantly says she loves me and when she wants to talk, rings me 4-5 times and it’s often not an emergency and she’ll forget I’m on the phone to her. She’s close with some family members too. Lack of empathy, disregard for moral principles but forms close attachments. She’s not clever or subtle, makes me think sociopath instead of psychopath. What do you think?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • amy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The words psychosis not schizophrenic episode. You can have psychosis without having schizophrenia. Ice is a real common one for causing psychosis. I personally find most people who enjoy ice are junkies. All junkies are addicts not all addicts are junkies. Junkies are just bad people. They were bad people before drugs they just werent in situations (like drugs would cause) that show it till then. Trust me they blame every on drugs. its them they just dont want to be accounable for their actions. When they get 100% sober they dont feel bad for what they did and try to make up for it like a decent person when they accidently screw up. They blame drugs claim their all good now so they don't have be held accountable for their actions. If they actually did something against their personal values they would genuinely feel bad and not just throw excuses around so they can carry on like nothing happened. No theyre not a psychopath. Psychopths are worse than that and much more cunning/clever about it. Shes just a bad person and a junky.

Edit: sociopath and psychopath are the same thing antisocial personality disorder the difference is sociopaths are made and psychopaths are born. Narcissistic personality disorder is more common plus lots of poeple have narcissistic traits but not enough to have narcissistic personality disorder. Malignant narcissists get confused with sociopaths. Neither can form bonds both can fake it. Narcissists arent as cunning/clever and more short term orientated sociopaths are long term.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

She seems to be a sociopath.

I would watch her carefully.

Lv 4
    1 month ago

Something happened to her in her childhood to make her this way. She needs to see a therapist and maybe go to a yoga, meditation and therapy retreat for a couple weeks. Maybe that would help her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.