What's the meaning of this sentence? Our destiny is tied to the land, as much a part of us as we are of it.?

This sentence is from Brave, an animation movie. But I can't understand what it really means. Maybe anyone can help me to understand it for my research?

• RP

This sentence means what happens to us is interrelated with what happens to the land because the land is as important to us as we are to the land.

He wanted to say the land is a part of us (etc.), but he ended up saying our destiny is a part of us. What a massive failure.

• gerald

We live off the land crops for our food the animals we hunt live off the land without it we could not survive 

Our fate is married to the fate of the earth. If the earth perishes, so do we. If the earth flourishes, so do we. Rain does not fall on us without it falling on the earth, too. The sun does not warm the earth without warming us, too. Whatever happens to the earth, happens to us.