What pronoun would a Japanese police officer use?

I mean specifically in police-civilian conversations (both casual and professional since I'm sure they're different). It's to my understanding that "honkan" can be used (I assume similarly to "jibun") but I get the impression this is not always the case. I thought perhaps watashi could be used as a formal pronoun that would be common in work, but also since police officers are authority figures it makes sense to me that (male) officers may opt to use ore to emphasize their position. I'm just curious and struggling to find any written information online. 

Since many people don't have the opportunities to talk to the police, this is in my opinion.

In public places, the police don't say ore to the good people.

It is very rude. If they say it to someone, they would be brutal criminals who consistantly resist to the police, but I don't know they really utter it in actual life, not on TV dramas.

Normally, watashi seems to be used most commonly.

To themselves they would say jibin, especially to their boss, superiors, , ,and  to subordinates they must/may say ore.

As for Honkan, I would often hear it in Animes, on TV dramas in my childhood, a few decades ago, but I'm not a police officer, so I've never heard it uttered actually from their mouths in real life.

• Ben

"Honkan" wouldn't be used similarly to "jibun", it literally means "this (police) station" and so would be use similarly to "uchi", that is to say "us (police officers)". 

"Watashi" would be normal when talking to civilians (although talking to criminals may well be a different matter). They may be authority figures, but politeness is still very important, especially as they serve the people.