Sophia asked in Games & RecreationToys · 1 month ago

Does anyone know how to fix dryer damage on this type of plush?

My poor Gengar has some damages from the dryer. I saw a tutorial that said wired brushes help but the example was from a really furry toy, while my plush has only a soft surface and I just want to be extra sure. (Unfortunately I can't provide a picture because my internet is shitty) It's crusty on most of the limbs and on both it's ears and the circle pattern from the dryer is marked on it. If anyone can give me some tips on how to fix it that would be fantastic. I'm kind of desperate here.

• Sky

Honestly, you can't fix it.  You should never put something in the dryer that's furry, such as a plushie or a faux fur blanket.  The material is likely polyester, and the heat of the dryer melts those tiny little fibers that make up the fur hairs.  Once it's melted you can't undo that.  You might be able to get away with a low heat setting if your dryer has that, but the regular dry heat will destroy furry things like that.  The best thing to do with any plush or faux fur item after washing is to hang it up on a line to dry.  A plush may take a few days if it retains a lot of absorbed water, but it's better than risking damage in the dryer.