Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Do parents who sexually abuse their children do so with the intention of causing their children to develop negative views about sex ?

Because they, for personal (possibly self-serving) reasons, want their children want their children to choose a lifetime of celibacy?

Just the opposite. A child abuser is a mentally perverted individual who, with repeat offenses on the same child, would cause the child to see this behavior as normal and repeat the abuse on others when older. It has been proven with physical abuse where a child sees his father beat his mother throughout his childhood, only to become a wife beater himself.

• Lili

No.  They do it for their own sexual gratification and pleasure.

I can't believe that you could seriously think this was about trying to force their children to develop negative views of sex so they'll remain celibate.  Either you're a troll or extremely dim.

My sister is a mental-health counselor who partly specializes in children sexually abused by relatives.  She can tell you that fathers who do this to their daughters not infrequently justify it by saying the daughters came on to them (at age 5 or 6, mind you) and that they LOVED the sex.  Does that sound as though these men want their daughters to develop a negative view of sex?

No. They genuinely want to believe the children enjoyed it.

• Julius

Possibly, unconsciously, or not. Who knows for sure? In some ways an abuser will lose interest when their child develops, or others may carry out the abuse only when the victim is sexually mature. 

I can honestly tell you that I don't know why anyone who sexually abuses children do what they do.  And if anyone dares to try, I suggest you keep an eye on that person.

• April

No. Sexual predators take advantage of children for their own gratification--not the child's.

Yes, every parent tells their kids to be abstinent in high school to avoid teen pregnancy. But they don't mean for them to practice lifelong celibacy. Most parents want their children to pass on the family genes when they grow up. 

You cannot be serious here.  Any person who sexually abuses a child is mentally ill and not someone who thinks they are doing good.  How you've come to a sick conclusion about the motive behind sexual abuse is beyond me.  That in no way resembles the truth.  How you've interpreted that sexual abuse is pre meditated leads me to believe that you have little to no experience with the subject matter at hand.  

i would hope not, they need to be reported to the police for doing that

• Jill

No. Parents who sexually abuse their children are not thinking AT ALL about their child's future. 

Now...I am not expert but I'm pretty sure people who abuse their kids aren't thinking about them being celibate.