Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Seniors what do you recommend just hitting 60?

• rick
    Favorite Answer

Wow!! 60 was almost a quarter of a century ago. I remember refusing to get old. I was still racing motocross, and riding bicycle time trials and hill climbs, competitively.   I had a couple of youngish GFs on the side. I was able to pig out on almost everything, on the table, without gaining a pound.  I had started to cut back on my consumption of fermented beverage a little. I recommend staying active, and participating in as many athletic activities as you can. AVOID doctors and medication. All medications are poison of some sort. A careful diet and exercise program will eliminate the need for almost all pharmaceuticals. Doctors are NOT healers, but are salesmen for pharmaceuticals and procedures.

In what light?  Do not retire with a mortgage, live a year on your proposed retirement budget before telling yourself you have enough saved, and that your income will support yourself.  Do you have a will?  Did you already purchase your funeral and plot?  Can you dumpster dive 3 years from now, or do you still need to save?  If you need to down size your living and your home, do it before you are to weak to do it alone.  Finally, plan, plan, plan, then retire on your terms not your employers terms.

• RICK

If you haven't  already retire ASAP

• Janet

Keep up the exercise, adjust your diet to high-veggie, low-fat and low-sugar. Avoid corn and potatoes, and eat high-fiber carbs.

Make sure you focus on getting out of debt before you retire, and hopefully you have some good retirement  savings (it is too late to start that now).If you smoke, stop. If you vape, stop.If you drink more than one alcoholic drink a week, stop.If you do recreational drugs, stop.

Learn to do Mindfulness meditation, because as you age and start to have physical pain and decline, you will NEED the ability to relax into the moment ... not just for the discomforts, but also to face medical procedures and to face our moment of death.  And this takes at least 10 years of daily meditation to start to develop that skill.

i would just do whatever you want to do

I recommend you not stop, you keep going!  Once you're over the hill, you pick up speed.

Eat right, exercise,  pray and read the Bible daily  (especially the New Testament.)