What is the best way to buy gold? What are the different options to do this?

Is there a good stock ticker symbol for this? Or is it better to buy physical gold? Where could I buy physical gold? Or does it really matter that much? I thank anyone and everyone for info and help!

Yes, if you are going to buy it, buy physical gold.  I  prefer ingots.  Husband prefers coins.

• Matt

I buy physical gold on eBay or from other online dealers.

You probably should not buy any of the above. Maybe a small amount of junk silver coins if you think the entire world is going to crap.

Since I am sure you will not listen....

XAU.....The Philadelphia Gold and Silver Index is an index of thirty precious metal mining companies that is traded on the Philadelphia Stock Exchange.

----------

The NYSE Arca Gold BUGS Index is a modified equal dollar weighted index of companies involved in gold mining. BUGS stands for Basket of Unhedged Gold Stocks. It is also referred to by its ticker symbol "HUI".