Do you think we'll ever launch a manned mission to Pluto?

Astronomy & space

yes, most likely

• Tom

We will only do that when we have ships that can take us across he solar system cheaply, in a couple of days.  when we already have several moons and planets already colonized and churning out products and space travel is as common as driving to the grocery store.

Someone will fly there, just to say he/she was FIRST.

No, humans will never go to Pluto.  We'll never even go to Venus or Mars.  

Not when we have Probes that can do a far better job and cheaper

• Zirp

probably not. Apparently there are enough volunteers for a one-way trip to Mars, but the journey would take months.

A voyage to Pluto would take years. there's no way to store enough essentials for a trip that long, and the lack of gravity would wreck the muscles and bones of the people on it

“Ever” is a very long time... I would have to think that - although not anytime soon - a manned mission would make it out that far eventually. 

Eventually, I'm sure we will. But not for a long time. It will be the last planet we go to. It is very far away. 

Who knows? Maybe, dude.

Not a chance, technology has advanced far beyond that, a manned mission to anywhere seems very unlikely now. Even if we discovered life on Pluto I doubt if it would justify anything more than a probe to collect some samples.

Oh, yes- I think we will. Since we never can cure coronovirus we'll just use that money for a manned mission to Pluto.