should I take Spanish in college?

i'm going to be a biology major in college and i took 4 years of spanish in high school. i'm unsure whether or not i want to continue studying spanish and whether or not it will help me get a job in the future. i'm not really an avid spanish learner and it's not required at the college i'm going to, but i'm not sure if i would be at a disadvantage if i don't take it. any advice would be helpful :)

Favorite Answer

Spanish could be useful in biology if you're planning to do field research in, say, Costa Rica. But if you think you may struggle with it at the college level, and a foreign language is not required as a gen.ed., then feel free to drop it as an academic subject. 

You can continue learning Spanish in a continuing education/adult ed/non-credit sort of situation. 

Yes .. the more languages the better. You could also trade Korean lessons for help with it.

According to my opinion you may take english because it is international language.

It is just only my opinion but as a student you have to decide  what is right or what is wrong .

• martin

Spanish might help in business or law, but Biology leads into research or the medical field.  Spanish isn't relevant unless you plan to have contact with South America, Central America, Spain, or Mexico.