Can reflected sunlight grown plants?

My neighbors house is white and bright sunlight bounces over into my dining room. First off, is that sunlight or just the reflection of white? Second, could that light be enough to help plants that need a lot of sunlight to grow?

I don't think it will work with plants that need full sun but it might be very good for plants that need low light or filtered light.

• Mr. P

It certainly can help you grow plants and would be ideal. How lucky you are.

Plan't don't really care - they just need light, mostly in the red and blue spectrum but as white contains both they will be happy.

But they also need a "day" of light and can do funny things if the day length is too short or too long. Short daylight will make them go straggly and thin, and long days will make them think it is summer and want to flower - so may end up dwarfed and dumpy looking or run to seed quickly.