Should gay pride be banned?

I’m not a huge fan of homosexuals and I find pride offensive.

You find "pride offensive".  That says it all doesn't it. 

Hey! So I'm going to cut to the chase - no, it shouldn't. People should be allowed to express joy over being different if they choose, so long as they don't rub it in people's faces. I understand that you find it offensive, but why? Is it because (and I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely curious) they're so very proud of being different that it rubs you the wrong way, as in, "we're special and you aren't"? Because everyone is special. Everyone.

• Sky

You don't like homosexuals or their pride?  Tough shït.  Nobody says you have to hang out with them and nobody says you have to go to their pride celebrations.  Change your dipey, lay down for a nap, and get over it.

• Bee V3

Your "logic" doesn't make any sense. I could say the exact same thing about Christianity. I'm not a huge fan of it and I find it offensive. So should it be banned just because i don't "like" it? No. Shut up

All the more reason to maintain it.

I don't understand why you are so hateful.

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic basically all public Pride events have been cancelled.

You should be happy right now, instead of being here whining.

And not everything in the world revolves around you.

I believe in fining trolls.

It isn't "gay pride", it's just Pride.  The big problems with Pride are that it tends to be dominated by cis white gay men and that it's overcommercialised and exploited tokenistically by corporations and the like.

• A.J.

Pride and Phobia have both become dual meanings, where pride used to be about accomplishments and phobia an inordinate fear.

I am a homosexual. It's not an activity or celebration, and instead is a state of being.

"Fan" is a wrong word. I don't need fans. The pride, in this use, is more of a "lack of shame". You don't have to attend anything, and gatherings this year are cancelled. But, why do you have a problem when people feel like celebrating life?

Don't waste time hating on others.  Organize a straight-pride parade to let everyone know that you are heterosexual and proud of it.