IT Help - Plugged in second monitor and having issues with RealTek Headset sound.?

I am looking for help with getting my headset to work for my new Windows 10 64 bit Acer computer.  I recently got a second monitor and attached it via the HDMI cable.  I started to notice that once I drag something to the second monitor the sound stops working.  I then fixed that by making my main computer the only default sound.  I continue to have problems with sound going away on its own after awhile even though I thought I fixed it.  I am able to use my VOIP for a little then I walk away from my computer and come back and not only is the sound not working on that, but it is not working on anything (tested via youtube).  I am using Realtek head phones and I roginally had to download something for Windows 10 and I did that, but it is still not working....Maybe I possibly didn't download the right thing? Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.  Please let me know if you have any questions or like me to elaborate.

• Lv 7

you need to update your video and sound drivers.

• VP

1. You should be plugging your headphones into the headphone jack on the front of your computer case -- not in one of the monitors.

2. Do you have a set of external speakers or are you using the monitor speakers for sound?