jared
jared asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Was what Randy Moss said about Tom Brady true or him being PETTY ?

Favorite Answer

Randy Moss is paid to get eyeballs to websites and TV programs.  He's doing his job.

I think Moss is wrong though.  While Cam will add some run threat elements to the Patriot offense, both Cam and Tom are both predominantly short ball throwers.  People think of Cam as a deep thrower because he's got undeniable arm strength (well, he DID before the injury...we'll see if he still does), but in reality he's pretty terrible on deep ball accuracy and always has been.  He's also not as precise as Brady at any depth.

I think you'll see some zone read and a productive offense from that point of view, but expect the offense to lose a lot of passing productivity as Edelman and company find themselves having to adjust to poorly thrown balls a lot more.  Plus, while I've no doubt Cam is smart enough to learn the offense, the Erhardt verbiage is nearly as clunky as the West Coast.  I'm thinking Cam won't really have mastered the offense in 2020.

• Mier

Randy Moss is an idiot. He only said what he said because both he and Cam Newton are both blacks. New England won’t be winning anything with Newton as QB and they will miss the playoffs all together winning 4 maybe 5 games at most.

• y

Please be specific as to what you are referring to? The pats O being more fun with Cam?  I disagree but i also do not see anything wrong with it.

Tom may have issue with his new O line, which was rated better then the one he played behind last year?  Again, I disagree with Moss's comments about it but there is nothing wrong with those concerns either.

• Wilson

No because Tom petty is dead 

He can’t be petty