geoff asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 1 month ago

Is it safe to swim with sharks?

Favorite Answer

Good luck !!!...that's all I can say.

• 5 days ago

Why don't you give it a try ? ^_^

let me know when you do, so I can turn up with my 4K camera and record the fun lol

no safe to swim with sharks 

With the smaller ones, certainly.  Even the large ones aren't nearly as aggressive as too many watchers of "Jaws" seem to think.  

• Sandy

cull the herd and go find out.

• Guber

Maybe - just be sure they're wearing muzzles first.

There is a girl on YouTube that does it for a living named Kelly Young. She works for a company in Florida that takes people out to do that exact thing. I'd say that if you have the proper training and understand the behavior of sharks it probably is safe. Most shark attacks result from people being mistaken for sharks' natural prey and when they realize they have made a mistake they don't continue to attack. Obviously this isn't always the case and the injuries from a single bite often result if a fatality but the fact remains that there are thousands of people that spend time in the waters of sharks and very few experience a problem with sharks. 

See you in the next world)