Is this possibly an eating disorder?

Basically for about a year or so whenever I choose to eat something even if it’s small or really healthy I always feel worse after, almost angry at myself. Even if I was starving before I ate it, I feel like a sense of dread almost. Even though I logically know it won’t have done anything to make me suddenly enormous in size I feel like I might look suddenly different in some way and it just seems easier to just not eat almost. Yes if I eat with husband or family I don’t feel it quite so bad, only if I’m on my own and made the choice to eat. I don’t know, it’s so hard. I was a binge eater many years ago and have stopped, got better and lost the weight I’d gained so maybe it’s just I’m scared anything I eat on my own could have led to a binge? It’s got where I dread being alone and anywhere near food I love it yet hate it if that makes sense?

Send it to 3 other categories before this 😔

Favorite Answer

Please look into BDD (Body Dysmorphic Disorder).  That is what you are describing here.  Its not so much an eating disorder as it is a psychological issue that comes from your brain misinterpreting what your body actually looks like.  It would be good for you to seek out psychotherapy for this if it is ruling your life.  

I'd bounce that off a psychologist, especially if your eating changes your understanding of your body image.  Now would be a good time to get rid of that pesky feeling.

• CB

eating disorder - seek help from a medical professional who specializes in such conditions. 

• Fubar

Eating disorders are common well they are in this neighbourhood.

• Petter

Definitely sounds like an eating disorder, yes.