My mom called me a f@ggot yesterday?

Well, she didn’t use the word. My parents are Iranian and she called me a cooney which is the Farsi word for f@ggot because she was angry. I asked her today if she thought that was who I am after she calmed down, and she said no and that she was sorry for saying that. She did say homosexual acts are sinful but that she isn’t religious or Muslim. I’ve told her I’m gay as a child and others have told her but she’s in denial about it. I’m 23 and I don’t even want to speak to her again for the rest of my life so I don’t see the point. 

• Sky
    Favorite Answer

Assuming your anonymously posted story is true, if you're still living at home and your mother (or both parents) make it a toxic atmosphere, regardless of your sexuality you should get a job if you don't have one, move out, and gain your independence to live your life as you want.  If she isn't muslim or religious at all, how can she declare something "sinful" when it requires being religious and believing in a judgmental douche of a god in order to believe something can offend that god and therefore qualify as a sin?  Regardless, once you're out on your own, if you are in fact homosexual then I'd suggest coming out to your parents and let them know the true you, and tell her you are highly insulted when she calls you cooney.  But do not put up with any sort of abuse, verbal or otherwise.  Tell them they can either accept you as you are, or you simply won't be seeing them any more.  That way, the ball is in their court to decide whether they want to keep having a loving relationship with their son, or to lose him altogether.  If you already feel that you don't ever want to speak to her again then you really have nothing to lose; either she'll accept you and give you back a mom who you want to have a relationship with, or she won't accept you and you'll just never speak to someone who you already never want to speak to again.

Very rude......

×°°¡°°×

GRÔW-UP & you're far too old to care what wôrd 

åny1 else call's ya as this is a symptom of bėîng 

får ťôô spoiled so please simply forgive & ťhėn 

forget !!!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

• Brian

So don't and move on with your life.

• If your parents don't support you, move on and find a new family. 

If you are F@ggot, own it.

Shadow you are your MOTHER