How do i get plans for house i drew?

I sketched a plan and design for home i’d like to build. Do i submit it to an architect who can then properly draw it out on Auto Cad before they go to a builder ?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

In most places you will need to get a permit to build. That process needs to have a set of plans drawn up by a person who is certified to do such plans. The assures that the design meets all local code requirements. Having a sketch for the architect to work from will reduce the cost a bit but be prepared to pay several thousand dollars for the finished drawings. 

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Meaning no offense - first you pay the architect to explain to you what is wrong with your concept, and why it is going to cost twice as much because you aren't an architect.

Meaning - is your house THAT special and unique? There are millions of "off the shelf" house plans that can be purchased and built. Is your house worth that, more importantly can you afford to have everything custom built?

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need full architect drawings so you can use them to apply for planning permission to build

• 1 month ago

No. No, you don't. You submit it to your dentist who then presents it to the Candlestick Manufacturing Board who will then decide its fate. Hope this helped.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Orla
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

You sit down with an architect, show him what you got and hire him to draw up a workable design. It will cost good money and it'll be a long process with many meetings and corrections and adjustments. It's then submitted to he government for approval and permits. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.