How long do edibles stay in your system?

I took an edible about a week ago (never smoked weed or taken an edible before) it was 5 mg. I exercise everyday and eat a healthy diet along with water. My question is how long till it's not detectable in a urine drug test? Thanks!

I passed after 8 days 👍

How long are we gonna use Yahoo! Answers?

Source(s): Joined Yahoo! @ age 18. I'm 40. I'm obviously bored.

Edibles do not influence the metabolism of the drug- they just influence the bio-availability of the drug (e.g. how much of the dose actually makes it in the "system" to do anything vs. coming right back out of your body.) That said, it depends upon multiple factors such as weight, muscle mass, and length of time you've been using the substance. THC can stay in the system  and be detectable by first-generation tests for up to 30 days and up to 90 days for some newer, more sensitive tests. That said, while drug tests test for THC, they do not test for CBD, because CBD is not a controlled substance.

• Mike

It takes at least 2 weeks for a clean urine test, doesn't matter how much water you drink or how much you exercise or what your favorite color is.

Like food, six to eight hours, although THC does tend to stay a lot longer than CBD

• Zirp

couple of weeks

30-60 days

..........