Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Why cant I hear out of one of my ears?

I just woke up with my ear being muffled. I tried yawning to make it pop, but still nothing. I noticed when I went sleep something was off about it, I cant get to a specialist right now to see what it is. My ear has never been like this

It might be impacted ear wax as others have said.  How about at least going to an "urgent care center" to find out if that's the situation.  Just an fyi that one usually needs to call the "urgent care center" from the parking lot before entering the facility due to Covid-19 restrictions.

• Edna

One of your ears might be clogged up with excessive, impacted  ear wax. That would make your ear seem to be "muffled". It happens. Buy an ear wax removal kit from the pharmacy. Put a couple of drops into your ear, let it "set" for a few minutes; then tip you head to one side and allow the ear wax to drain out.  

It is probably clogged with earwax.  For a couple of bucks you can get an earwax clean out kit at your local drug store. 

• kelvin

you don't need to see any specialist

Possibly just wax, an urgent care can take a look; you can also try a decongestant if its fluid.

Warm olive oil overnight will clear it, you don't need a specialist !