Computer Issue, Disconnects from Internet, HELP?

Cant figure out why but sometimes my computer loses connection to the net, Sign pops up saying not connected to internet, At times the signal comes back by itself, others I have to unplug my ethernet cable from computer and plug it back in, then the signal reappears, checked cable and replaced, had modem diagnostics done twice and had provider come and look at it, Cant Find Nothing wrong, So whats really going on with this monster ?? Even had my computer guy check it out, Nothing found, Thanks in advance for any info

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

maybe your provider is disconnecting you , or you have a bad wireless of internet connection.

• 4 weeks ago

Random Internet disconnection is an issue with your router or ISP so check the Internet connection on different devices like laptop, or tablet, or phone, so as to check whether the problem is with the connection or the device. 

• 1 month ago

Sometimes it's as simple as resetting your network adapter, which is the wifi card plugged into your motherboard. Worked for me once in similar circumstances, doesn't cost you nothing so it's worth a try. In control panel you can search device manager then open it. Amongst the list of hardware, you can open up the network adapters list. Right click on your network adapter and disable it. Wait a bit then enable it. That resets it.

• Steven
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I think your area has a networking problem, so sometimes the internet connects or not.  

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Here are some potential fixes for your random Internet disconnects issues: Reset your router, restart your smartphone / computer. ... Update your WiFi adapter drivers and WiFi router firmware by checking the manufacturers' websites. Contact your ISP and see if there are any connectivity issues in your area.

• BigE
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You have to narrow the problem down.  Before you reset the cable, take a look at the status lights, if they are on.  If they AREN'T on, then it is either a port or card/interface problem.

Does the modem also have the status light?  Record what it looks like when working correctly and compare.  Reboot it and notice how the status light "reset".

Do you have other wired devices, do they have a problem?  Do you have router?

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe your router is just not good enough.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Initially you need to check where the disconnect occurs - either between the computer and the router or the router and the internet.

The simplest way would be to attempt to log into the routers home page, if you can this means the connection between the modem/router and computer is working and the problem lies between your ISP and the router.

When it happens again try the network troubleshooter and see what it finds, this may give more information, right click on the network icon in the bottom Rt corner, choose troubleshoot

• 1 month ago

Reboot ur modem and ur router.

U should get a cooling pad for ur modem and ur router to help cool the modem and the router

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZUXXWO/ref=cm_sw_r_c...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.