Best coating to undercoat a trailer with? ?

I just picked up a used 6x12 enclosed trailer and the underside is raw flake board and of course steel cross beams. I suspect the former owner only used the trailer in the summer, but I intend to use it all year in a norther climate. I intend to coat the underside but I would prefer to find a substance I could spray or brush on the wood AND the beams in order to save time. 

Favorite Answer

Brushable rubberized roofing TAR.  Works on roads and on roofs.  The flake board if it is the newer stuff, one side already has a coat of varnish on it.  Paint the tar right on top of it, no coating...still paint on top of it.   The northern climate is cold DRY.

Shop for coal tar bitumen.

• Barry

I think brush on bitumen paint would be fine on both surfaces.

Ordinary interior/exterior grade acrylic enamel house paint. I know you are disappointed it's not some special automotive product. Cleans up with water when still wet, but it is bullet proof when it dries. A paint store will make you any color you need.

You should do a high pressure wash before application.

• k w

better ask an expert, the wood being the main problem.....maybe ask Zeibart.....