Cory
Cory asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Will the Pats sign Kaepernick to compete with Cam Newton?

No

1. Bill Belichick is widely know as one of the most strict coaches in the league, his team is the absolute opposite of the type of team where Kaepernick would fit in.

2. Cam Newton's deal is a bargain to the team for an experienced QB, there is less than $1 million in guaranteed money.  There are weekly roster bonuses which bring his total to about $1.5 million if he just makes the team and stays on the active roster all year. The other $6 million is incentives for reaching milestones for playing time, passing yards, etc. Newton took this lowball deal because he wants the chance to play for a winning organization and prove to the rest of the league that he still has what it takes to win football games. He knows that if he plays well he'll earn the right to extend his career and get paid more the following season.

Does anyone honestly think that Kaepernick would accept that kind of contract? The XFL offered him a job which would have been the perfect opportunity to prove that he can still play, and he told them he wasn't going to play for less than $20 million per season.

Kaepernick doesn't want to play football, he wants to be a celebrity and get endorsement deals from Nike based on the false perception that he's the victim of racism.

I couldn’t care less if the guy ever plays again or not. He was a terrible QB. 

Probably not.......but I do hope some team is willing to give Kap a shot. 

I'd like to see him win some games,  just to prove he wasn't dropped for lack of skill. 

I doubt it.  I think they're content with the kid they drafted a year or two ago whose name escapes me. 

doubt it they do not need a circus there.Wherever Kap goes that is what will happen.

• Kathy

I do not think they will sign him.

Newton is a former MVP.  Krap is a current POS.  

• Cu Tie

No, but Cam Newton's signing should be good news for Colin Kaepernick. The Patriots will not sign Kaepernick, but I believe we will see a team sign him in coming weeks.

• kelvin

and the team that signs him are morons

I hope not, he's a publicity whore ....................................