Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Is Microsoft Edge the same as Google Chrome?

They look very simular.

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

How f*cking dumb are you? They're two different browsers owned by two different companies so how the f*ck can they be the same?!

• 1 month ago

Is McDonald's the same as Burger King?

get google

just do

• 1 month ago

No. Microsoft Edge is the default browser for Windows. Google Chrome is a third party browser.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Of course NOT,  m$ IS their product& will always be their product.   I did not study it but I have noticed that browsers have been stealing ideas from other browsers for theirs.  Opera came out with the 9 key icon board that looked like a telephone keyboard where each key was a quicklink to your favorite site.   Somebody copied them and added to their browser..  Linux still has a better word processor than Microsoft Word.  Everybody has something better than the others.  I use 5 browsers as each is good in "its field"

m$ does not want to give up its total dominance.  It is a hard row to hoe because the others are darn good and more secure than m$.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The new Microsoft Edge is based on the Chromium open-source project. Chromium forms the basis of Google Chrome, so the new Edge feels very similar to Google Chrome. It includes features found in Chrome, supports Chrome browser extensions, and has the same rendering engine as Google Chrome

• Shadow
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Edge is based off of Chromium which is the same as Chrome. The difference would be the interface, 'personal or business' touches and a few protocols for extensions, add-ons and so on.

• 1 month ago

No they aare not.

• 1 month ago

i dont think so, theyre probably just similar

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

In a way, yes. Edge is made using Chromium which is an open source version of Chrome. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I do believe the current version of Edge is using the Chromium OS.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.