max asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Why do so many gun enthusiasts hate glocks?

I’ve always heard that glocks are crappy and unreliable and to get a real mans gun. If there so crappy and unreliable then why do police and military all over the world use them

Trigger on trigger very bad idea. Some other pistols much more accurate. Who need plastic pistol? It make gun too light and increase recoil too much. No valid reason do that. Arguments for Glocks sound much like those for Rolex watches. Such trolls as C T M make dogma of loving Glocks. This category have people paid to praise Glocks. 

I shoot Glock's well, but they lack the hammer control I like (think of a 1911), and they are in use in so many police departments because they are, in a word, inexpensive. Glocks are a love 'em or hate 'em gun. I guess I'm strange. I'll shoot one given the opportunity, but I'm not going to buy one.

I would say in a general sense that your believe is the opposite of reality. The Glock is loved and adored by many. It’s utilitarian so it works and you can always expect it to work. However there are gonna be people like me that don’t like it. Those reasons have to do with the stagnation of innovation and that there are actually better options out there in the market nowadays. A lot more variety.And some people like me think that Glock are basically sitting on their laurels using their name to sell a product like Nike shoes.

• Quinn

You are over generalizing it.

Glocks are utilitarian pistols which means they were never designed with looks-appeal, but focused on function. They are also relatively cheaper than the other pistols such as H&K, Sig, and  Walther  which still produce for in the military and police market.  You could almost buy two Glocks for the price of one H&K, Sig, or Walther.

Are Glocks the ultimate pistol? No, because there is no such thing; there is no one pistol that works best for all people and in all environments.

You know nothing of the gun world good sir.  Gun enthusiasts do not hate Glocks.  Its actually quite to the contrary.  Glocks and 10/22 probably have the biggest followings of any guns among people that like guns.  Glock has so much of a cult following that its pretty much taboo to speak ill work against Glocks.  I personally do not like Glocks even though I do own a few.  I just prefer handguns that are actually worth shooting off the shelf.  People love Glock mainly because the guns have endless aftermarket parts and services support.  Buy a glock and you can pretty much do just about any modification or upgrades to it you want right at home in your garage rather than having to send it out to a gun smith.  

I hate glocks and all firearm's like them.  I want hammers on my pistols.  Glocks are ok, but i grew up with traditional pistols.  I want hammer's, safeties etc.  It's a choice.  

• JOHN B

I have owned 5 Glocks and they are supremely reliable. One thing I've never liked is the safe action trigger. This is in lieu of a manual safety and is the main reason that some will shun them. Modified triggers are now available and I have replaced the factory triggers on mine.

• Mr.357

The government buys the cheapest crap that meets the minimum requirements.  My son can't hit a 5 gallon bucket with a Glock.  His cousin and I used to give him a hard time about if he was shooting at you, hide behind an empty milk jug.  He has no problem with his Springfields.  That said, he is $1600 into a custom Glock 19 that he is building.

• Adam D

I have never heard anyone use the words "Glock" and "unreliable" in the same sentence.

A Glock is like a base package Toyota Corola.  Not particularly attractive, not particularly fast, doesn't have any bells and whistles.  Not fancy, doesn't really turn heads.  But does it get you from point A to point B, every single day?  Sure does.  If you want a Porsche, you pay Porsche prices. 

• L.N.

Glocks are the toasters of the gun world. They aren't sexy or exciting, but they get the job done reliably. Are there better guns? Absolutely. Do Glocks suck balls? Absolutely not.

@SandraK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFd3kF6LHz4

Youtube thumbnail