Why would someone want a toaster as opposed to a toaster oven?

Toaster ovens are far more reliable, and versatile.

• 3 days ago

Nothing goes over a toaster. It is the best way to eat a toast. 

• 4 days ago

My toaster toasts more evenly than my toaster oven.  

I will use the toaster if I am doing 2 or 3 slices I will use the toaster oven if I am doing more. 

The toaster is faster than the toaster oven though. 

• 4 days ago

And my toaster only takes up a few square inches of counter space, whereas my toaster oven has to be kept in a closet. It also uses far less electricity.

• 5 days ago

NuWave oven is far better.

• 6 days ago

Toasters make better toast. I have both, because I'm cooking mostly for one and don't often make things that need a full size oven but if I were cooking for four I could easily dispense with the toaster oven

• Cammie
    6 days ago

I agree with you.Right now I have neither. I use the oven for toasting.

• 6 days ago

I have both. My toaster toasts bread and English muffins faster and more efficiently.  I cook many of my meals in my convection toaster oven.

6 days ago

I have a toaster, for toasting bread (and sometimes crumpets or teacakes), a microwave and a standard oven. The oven has a grill that I can use to toast or grill things. 

I can't see any point in a toaster oven and I don't really have the space for one. So far as reliability goes, I've never had a toaster oven but I've had my current toaster for four or five years. I got rid of my previous one because it would only do two slices of toast at a time (the one I have now does four). I’d had it for maybe twelve to fifteen years and never had a problem with it. I don't really need a toaster to be more reliable than that.

• Sathi
    6 days ago

A toaster takes up less countertop space. Toaster ovens are not more reliable. On average, a toaster has a longer lifespan.

• kswck2
    6 days ago

Why would someone want a toaster oven when a standard oven does the same thing and they are standard in every household?