Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Feel embarrassed over mistake at work.?

So I work at a hair salon as receptionist and very good at my job and trusted with everything (almost ready to become manager of salon) but yesterday a woman we know brought back a brush, she hadn't used it and i glanced quickly and couldn't see anything. Then the owner spotted it and saw hair still in it that I didn't spot and we had to bin it. She said mistakes happen, but I feel like a fool. Am I being hard on myself?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It's a plastic hair brush that probably costed 2 cents to make. Get over it, jesus

• 1 month ago

I do not. When you do something, you may do mistaked as well in your learning process. 

• 1 month ago

Yes, you're hard on yourself, if you don't accept what your supportive owner said.She's right.

• 1 month ago

I don't think so, it's one thing if you were a beauty supply with a lax return policy, but why is the salon letting people return brushes if there is no way to make sure they weren't used? You should have been opted to refuse the return and then it wouldn't be your fault.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You're being too hard on yourself. It's normal for people to overlook things. You're moving up in your job and that's exciting but it can also be stressful and can cause people to feel flustered and sometimes when we feel like that we over look or over think simple things. Don't beat yourself up over it everyone makes mistakes.

• Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

If we made no mistakes we would learn nothing.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

you need magnifying glasses.

• 2 months ago

Mistakes do happen. It's better that it bothers you than if you blew it off with a laugh.  That shows responsibility. Now it's time to learn from it so it doesnt happen again and move on.

• You're being too hard on your self, we're all human and humans make mistakes. Just try learn from it and try not to let it happen again. Writing off one hair brush, shouldn't be a big deal but if a bunch of them get written off then there's some thing to question you about. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

when I make mistakes I get drunk and forget about them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.