Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Steps to filing a lawsuit?

If you want a long story short I’m a 22 year old male who had suffered a serious skull fracture back when I was 14-15 years old...I was rendered unable to walk or even able to remember the alphabet for weeks on end until I had recovered further. It was Halloween night and I had fallen about 6-7ft into a neighbors ditch/creek right in front of there yard which had no safety barriers or warning signs in my neighborhood. I woke up covered in blood head to toe and had no recollection of the incident. I was taken to south shore hospital in which my head was just stapled up because they assumed my injury wasn’t severe...I was fully conscious during this medical intervention and a nurse walked in to say “He needs to have a CAD scan to check for possible injuries”. Find out 10-15 minutes later a have a traumatic skull fracture and needed to be emergency rushed to Children’s hospital in Boston. South shore staffing failed to review an injury before performing a medical intervention and not to mention my finger was left dislocated and broken from the 6-7ft drop that wasn’t fixed until years later when my hand was suffering from arthritis. I’m to this day a 22 year old male that works 50 hours a week with my hands and head and I’m constantly feeling dizzy and out of distort at times and my family chose not to sue our neighbors or the neighborhoods “Homeowners association” purely because we lived there. If someone could shed some bit of light on this subject that would help.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

This depends upon how old you are now. The statute of limitation is 3 years from the date of reasonable discovery- but it suspends during any period of legal disability (thus doesn't start until you're at least 18 years of age.)

• ?
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You have no case.  The statute of limitations for civil personal injury suits is 3 years as is suits for Professional Malpractice.

• 10 months ago

In your case, the first step would be building a time machine, because you're talking about something that happened 6 or 7 years ago, which means that you're probably several years beyond the time limit.  You made a short story long.  You could have just said "I’m a 22 year old who wants to sue over something that happened back when I was 14-15 years old".  That would have been enough.

• 10 months ago

The statute of limitations would likely begin when you turned legal - adult age.  Consult a lawyer immediately because windows of opportunity to sue are often short.  There could be another opportunity to get some justice.  However, there is some confusion.  You have a responsibility to look where you are going and to take appropriate care given the conditions.  A lawyer will tell you what you can do, if anything.  Don't wait any longer to see a lawyer.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

The statute of limitations in Massachusetts for personal injury is three years from the date of the injury-causing event. The statute of limitations in Massachusetts for medical malpractice is three years from the date you first realized you were mistreated or misdiagnosed. You admit to knowing this the same day of the injury.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.