Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 month ago

Seniors, what if you died in your sleep any night, do you worry about it?

• 2 days ago

It's a great way to go, compared with lingering with failing kidneys or painful rheumatism, or dying in a nuclear blast.  Of all the ways to go, it's probably the best way.  

Dying in your sleep would be the nicest way to go. After that, I don't care. I'll be dead!!

even young people can die. 

I would rather not die in my sleep, but I don't worry about it.  Would hate to miss the last significant event in my life.

• kswck2

I would like to die peacefully, in my sleep like my grandfather did, unlike all the other people in his car at the time. 

No, why would I worry about it? I would rather die in my sleep anyway.

When you're dead you're dead, you won't feel nothing. But you will if you were in a car accident or seomthing like that tho. unless you die instantly 

• Sam

Actually I do worry about that.  

I worry about what will happen to my two cats.  They'll probably starve to death because i don't think they will eat me.  

As long as they survive, I have to survive too.  After they die, no more pets and I can die peacefully whenever. 

• ted

I don't worry about it at all.  

• Sky

Speaking as someone middle aged rather than a senior, if I died in my sleep either (1) I would be experiencing some sort of afterlife, in which case I'd be thinking, "Cool, this is interesting;" or (2) I would slip away into nonexistence, so I would not have any conscious awareness of my state of death in order to give a sh!t at all.  It's win-win.

I'm more worried about living than I am about dying.