Diana
Diana asked in Arts & HumanitiesGenealogy · 1 month ago

How do I find out what cemetery my grandparents are in?

• Lisa A
    Favorite Answer

It should be written on their death certificates. Get copies of their death certificates.

Hire a grave dowser. They're great. Not as expensive as you think, and they're really professional. Yes, the stick-things they use look just the same as the ones the guys who dowse for water use - but different. You see, instead of water, they find graves. In fact, they specialise in grandparents, so you're in luck. Hope this helped.

• Speed

The easiest way is to ask family members who were present at the times of their deaths and burials.

But if that's not happening, the easiest way is probably FindAGrave.com. It doesn't have every grave, but it has a whole lot. My spouse added a few thousand in the last several years, and we're finding that during times of self-isolation, walking trails are crowded but cemeteries are not.

If the grave is listed but there's no picture of it, you can put in a request for a picture. My spouse fulfills those.

• Elle

Most cemetaries have been mapped and photographed.  ex. on Goggle you put in the name of each person and enter.  This should do a search of grave stones and you can look around as much as you wish.  Another option is going to: family search which is the largest site in the world and its free. I wish you well.

https://www.familysearch.org/en/