Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

What should I do? It was very unprofessional and made me feel less.?

I’m training to become a Spanish teacher online. Today I had to teach a class and then we get graded. Our lecturer told us to take a break after. While sitting at my desk our lecture rang the other lecturer on the course ( she thought she was on mute) she basically said some really hurtful comments about me and other fellow teachers. She mentioned that I was not bright, which was very uncalled for. What should I do? It’s left my confidence shattered. All the other trainee teachers heard this too.

Oh no, it's that TROLL again.

Hi, take it with a pinch of salt. A school teacher said Einstein was not bright too and she was wrong.

Some professors with PhDs can be rude and showing little mercy for their subordinates. There are many toxic bosses in  my country nowadays.

It was better in the 2000s but the culture has changed.

So, choose not to believe your professor. You have your own talents and giftings. anyway, Spanish is not an easy subject to teach and it requires a Master of languages and 20 years of experience to satisfy the students nowadays. So just take it easy.

More power to you.  I could never be a teacher.  I hate talking in front of people.  Despise it with a fiery passion.

• ?

There's not much that you can do. This was a technical glitch- it's happened quite a lot since we're all on zoom these days. She is under no obligation to only say flattering things about you. She was giving her honest assessment. That's EXACTLY was what called for. It's her job. Take the criticism and learn from it. 

ask the lecturer how to improve since you are not too bright and what ever else he said. Then wait for his answer but do this after you inform the online administrators that you are filing a complaint about him