Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailPassword and Sign In · 4 months ago

How can I permanently remove my old PUBLIC Yahoo Answers Account please?

Hi,

I need help please!

I created an old (cringey) spare Yahoo Answers account years ago and I forgot to delete it. However, I hadn't logged into this account for over a year. 

When I logged into my old account, I cannot access Yahoo Answers. I can only access Yahoo! 

I stupidly left MOST of my questions PUBLIC and I want to delete that account for GOOD. 

I've logged into the old account and tried to delete it (and I've got to wait 40 days for the account to be deleted).

When the account goes, will my profile still be visible? And will my questions and answers?

Help me, pretty please! I just want the old account completely gone! I don't want my old questions and answers visible!

Thank you!

• Sharon
    Favorite Answer

It depends on how old your account is and when it was last used. It will be deleted after 12 months of inactivity if you haven't used it in that time. Your account will be reactivated if you sign in to it within 30 days of closing it.

Your questions will not be deleted. They are the property of Yahoo as soon as you post them, but they will no longer be associated with your account.