Mark asked in Cars & TransportationAircraft · 2 months ago

I am 22 years old. How can I become an airline pilot?

I currently have no college (but will pursue one beginning next year, if I can afford it).

I wanted to know what the pipeline and lifestyle was like also. I heard it is tough, and I am up for the challenge.

• Victor

Search for your local flight academy or flight school. And it isn't cheap, you are going to spend a lot of money.

Like Collage will ever happen let alone you becoming a pilot!

Still stop licking the window  and get a job.

• F

Either get into your countries airforce and serve 10 years then come out and retrain as a commercial pilot, or spend several hundred thousand putting yourself through a flight school.

Large numbers of pilots are out of a job, your be wasting your time at the 

moment.

• Marc

take a trial lesson at a local flight school then see if your body /mind is up to the task. You could get air sickness or be petrified and not like it . If you like it go to opticians and ask for a class 1 optical test for pilots ( this is easa europe requirements dont know what country your from ?) Because your eye sight may be to poor. Then go to a authorized medical examiner at a doctor surgery with your eye test result and get a class 1 pilot medical to make sure you are fit to fly. With all that done begin training for ppl ( private pilot license ) at a flight school and do exams as instructed. On completion do a rating for night and a rating for instrument flying in bad weather . Note you can do night rating in the ppl but for simplicity im saying do it as an add on. Then hour build for approx 100 hours your total hours should be somewhere around 160 at this point then get a multi engine rating . Then go for a commercial licence and get a instructor rating. Then become flight instructor for approx 2000 hours and take atpl exams then apply for job at a regional airline. 

• Ron

If you can't afford college you can't afford to get a pilots license

Be a little more diligent in learning on your own for one.

https://www.pilotcareernews.com/how-to-be-a-pilot/