would the odds of me winning money at the casino be tilted in my favor?

I know the house wins most the time but I have a couple tricks up my sleeve. I like blavkjack and I memorized a strategy chart and am practicing card counting. If I use both these methods, how much would I tilt the odds of winning in my favor

• JOHN B

How you play means nothing at a table full of people that don't know how.

My only successes have been me and the dealer with me playing 3 hands.

• John F

Card counting is useless when the casino uses a 6 or 8-deck shoe. It is also useless with continuous shuffle machines. The only time it might be usable is if you can find a single-deck game. The problem there is that many casinos only pay 6:5 in single-deck games, so you still won't make any money.

• kswck2

The HOUSE Always wins, despite what You do. 

Card counting works, but if you are suspected in card counting, you will be placed in what is called the "Brown Book," and banned from all casinos.  You can tell if you are suspected of being a counter in two ways.  First, if the dealer is passed a note while they are dealing, it might be from the 'guy in the sky' to watch you.  Also, if the dealer shuffles more often.  Be careful with strategy charts; many are bulls**t. 

have you practiced card counting while using 7-12 decks?  Card counting is not too hard with 52 cards...but with 12 decks its almost not even worth playing

It is usually illegal to count cards, and if it isn't where you live, the card room will restrict you from entry.

Perfect basic strategy simply reduces the house edge.  Card counting does the same.  The odds never go in your favor.

You can make money at blackjack, but you need to do a lot more than memorizing "a" strategy chart and counting cards.

One of the biggest things you need to learn is to choose where you play. Different tables have different house rules. You need to pick a table that has house rules that are more favorable for the player. You need to memorize the correct strategy chart for table at which you are playing. You need to learn how to change the way you play depending on the card count. You need to learn money management. You need to have a sufficiently large bankroll to keep from getting wiped out when you have an unlucky streak. You have to learn to control your emotions. It can be frustrating to play for a couple hours before you get a favorable card count then, when you get one, the dealer gets multiple blackjacks for every one you get.

Always remember that the house can take measures to make card counting less effective. For example, I was playing on a single deck table in Las Vegas and as soon as they suspected I was card counting the dealer was instructed to shuffle the deck after each hand.  That preventing me from ever getting the odds in my favor, so it was time to leave the table and go to another casino.

If you just learn basic strategy and how to count cards you probably cannot tilt the odds in your favor. If you learn enough about how to play you can probably tilt the odds in your favor enough to have around a 1% advantage over the house. 

• Jay P

You don't need to memorize basic strategy.  You're allowed to have and look at a strategy card while you're playing.

As for card counting, even if you're really good, the odds are only slightly tilted towards the player.  You may still lose and the casino will catch on to you after a while in which case you'll be kicked out.

If you really can count cards the casino will throw you out if they know you are doing it.  Trust me every strategy has been tried and the house almost always has the odds in their favor.  You will loose a lot of money if you try your strategy.  If it  was that easy there would not be any casinos as they would all be broke.