Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 month ago

Why did YouTuber/ influencer Myka Stauffer adopt that autistic Chinese boy only to return him to another foster family, in short order?

When a child has a genetic disorder from birth or has had extreme trauma, their brains are not working correctly. Reprogramming their brain is a long, costly journey with NO guarantee of success. With already 4 kids, why did she take on a disordered child?

On the other hand, devil's advocate, could it also be that she wasn't told about the child's troubled origins?

"I was not selective or fully equipped or prepared," she said, adding, "I can't say I wish this never happened because I'm still so glad Huxley is here and getting all of the help he needs. I also know that even though he is happier in his new home and doing better that he still experienced trauma and I'm sorry, no adoptee deserves any more trauma. I wanted to help so bad I was willing to bring home any child that needed me."

"For this I was naïve, foolish, and arrogant. I wish so bad I would have been more prepared and done more."