Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 1 month ago

Why did YouTuber/ influencer Myka Stauffer adopt that autistic Chinese boy only to return him to another foster family, in short order?

When a child has a genetic disorder from birth or has had extreme trauma, their brains are not working correctly. Reprogramming their brain is a long, costly journey with NO guarantee of success. With already 4 kids, why did she take on a disordered child?

Update 2:

On the other hand, devil's advocate, could it also be that she wasn't told about the child's troubled origins?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

"I was not selective or fully equipped or prepared," she said, adding, "I can't say I wish this never happened because I'm still so glad Huxley is here and getting all of the help he needs. I also know that even though he is happier in his new home and doing better that he still experienced trauma and I'm sorry, no adoptee deserves any more trauma. I wanted to help so bad I was willing to bring home any child that needed me."

"For this I was naïve, foolish, and arrogant. I wish so bad I would have been more prepared and done more."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.