Can I work as a vet in the US if I study and go to private universities in Mexico?

Private universities are very cheap in Mexico, if i study over there and come back here 4-9 years later can still work here using what i studied? Thank you for your feedback guys I will appreciate every letter. 

3 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    The countries that offer veterinary medicine equivalency (AVMA) are the UK, Ireland, Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand.  You cannot practice veterinary medicine in the US with a vet med degree from Mexico. You may be able to do so with a degree from the Caribbean but not easily.  If you are a US citizen, your best bet is to attend a US university as an in-state applicant to do your DVM.  You will be able to borrow the full amount and pay it back over three or so years.  That is the lowest risk pathway.

  • Topaz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Gangs run the towns. How about Spain or Norway

     Not Mexico. 

  • 2 months ago

    You need be US citizen (if legal permanent resident, you'd lose your green card since you'd be establishing residence outside US). And you need to be licensed in the state where you will practice. Your Mexican education might not meet requirements for your licensing. Check state requirements, acceptable degrees from acceptable educational institutions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.