drrckyee asked in SportsBaseball · 1 month ago

Will the MLB expand to 32 teams til the day former commissioner Bud Selig dies?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It would make the playoffs more even.  8 division winners playing.  Other than that....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

lol no, there are too many teams already.  Like 1/3 of the teams have major attendance problems and now they're gonna do stupid rules things like ban the defensive shift (because it's not realistic to expect a hitter to use the whole field anymore, apparently).

• Carlos
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I doubt it and 30 teams is a good number for the next 5 - 10 years for the MLB league .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Not my decision. There are however cities undeserving of teams which they currently have,

others without and which do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, don't expect expansion anytime soon.

• 1 month ago

Changes are coming, my friend. The current CBA is up after next season and players are angry.

The feel like they came out on the short end of the last CBA. They think that owners have conspired to repress player salaries and that some teams are intentionally ignoring revenue sharing rules.

And now we can add this years pandemic clusterfock to that list of slights.

More teams mean more jobs. It will also mean an expanded playoff field. So you can bet your bippy that players are going to push for adding 2 more teams. And for the DH in both leagues so has-beens can extend their careers. And for anything else their minute minds can conjure up.

The players are pissed and they want payback. And back pay. They want their way. And the CBA negotiations will be a great place for them to make that happen.

• 1 month ago

They shouldn't.  There's not enough pitching to go around now.  Adding a major league staff, a AAA staff, a AA staff and a couple A staffs is another 50-60 pitchers.  They simply don't exist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.