Can i drink expired sprite?

The sprite expired August 29th 2019, it is currently June 25th 2020. Is it safe? I dont see any corrosion or rust.

It is sugar and water. It does not spoil.

No, but if you want then sure.

Don't expect it to be as carbonated. Taste shouldn't be affected too badly though.

• Mark

It will taste funny. It will have an after taste to it...

.

Sprite doesn't “expire”.

Yes it is. Stuff like that is sold in the Dollar Store all the time.

• kswck2

IF you take off the top and it doesn't FIZZ, toss it out. 

• CB

It is safe, once at a company party somebody brought out a bunch of soda that had been sitting around past date for years - it didn't taste exactly like it should but no harm from drinking some of it. 

If the manufacturer tells you not to consume the product and you can live without it right now as you have other choices then you do not drink the sprite. If you do not have food and you are in treacherous circumstances then it is probably okay to drink the expired sprite. That is the scrutiny here. The people who make the Sprite believe you should not now consume it. It is not as they want it to be served. I would listen however to who ever made the food I ate. 

• A

I would drink it, years ago so many things never had expiration dates and we never thought about it, go for it