How to set up New PC?

Ok for my Birthday I got a New PC which basically looks like a bigger Version of a lap top and I got new Graphics Card only prob is last time I installed one is when we had the Tower and a Monitor but now it’s like all in built , how do I install the card

• VP

If this is a real question then you should have no problem telling us the makes and models of the equipment you're talking about.  Only then can anyone give you more than generic advice.  Update your question with that info.

Computer?

Graphics Card?

I am guessing that you have the special type of computers--an "all-in-one". 

The monitor is a flat panel with the rest of the computer in same case on its back.  An Apple iMac and several types of Windows machines are like that.

No hardware upgrades beyond disk and RAM memory expansions.  No video card can go into it--no space available.

This is the worst type--worse than a desktop since if one part goes bad, the whole thing must be repaired.  And no expansion space for cards inside.  Must have power from the wall.  Expensive.  And runs hot inside so it will fail sooner than other types like a desktop tower with fans.

Take it back and get something that your "video card" might go inside, like a tower box PC.  And get a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Source(s): Using computers since 1962. Building and repairing PC boxes and some laptops. I have a lot of regular Windows towers and laptops. I have two types of "all in one" computers--some iMacs and a 1999 NEC Z1 with the first flat panel display of any "all in one", before the iMac had one.
  • Lv 7

you cannot put a graphics card in a laptop. it comes with what it has.

• P

Many PC's are more like a laptop and don't have the ability to install a graphics card.  Others may only accept a "small form factor" graphics card.

it should be installed already ...

what you are describing sounds like an "all in one" computer.

you cant install a GPU in All in one computers or in laptops.

• Jim

You take the new equipment to a local computer shop that knows what they are doing and you have them install it.